Travel Documentation


Carnival requires guests to provide proper travel documentation in order to travel. The passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory.

Non-U.S. Citizens must contact the appropriate Consulates, U.S. Embassy, and U.S. Immigration office to inquire about necessary travel documentation. Carnival assumes no responsibility for advising guests of immigration requirements.

However, it's HIGHLY recommended that all guests travel with a valid passport during their cruise. It is also recommended that all guests travel with a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond completion of travel.

This will enable guests:
1) Fly from the U.S. to meet their ship at the first port should they miss their scheduled embarkation.
2) Disembark the ship before their cruise ends due to an emergency to fly back to the U.S. without significant delays and complications.

When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, Carnival strongly recommends bringing an original, signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.

Even though a guest has completed registration using FUNPASS, it's still the responsibility of the guest to bring all required travel documents. Any guest without proper documents will not be allowed to board the vessel and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued. Carnival assumes no responsibility for advising guests of proper travel documentation.

For more information and to obtain a passport application, visit